New Time Zone
My job was eliminated 7 weeks ago from a company I had been
at for 21 years. It was told to me upon my arrival to the office early that Monday morning
and I was given 5 minutes to leave the building. Since this event, my sleep
pattern and energy level has been so odd. I get the familiar 3 o’clock afternoon fatigue
but then rebound such that I am wide-eyed and bushy-tailed until 2 in the morning. I am no
longer passing out by 8:30 pm. It has been quite unsettling. It hit me yesterday
what it reminds me of. Jet lag! In that
5 minutes on that morning 7 weeks ago, I was transported to a time zone many
galaxies away. It makes sense that my circadian rhythm is off. I have only
worked at one other company since graduating college 35 years ago. Unemployment
is a foreign land. I have started picking up the native language of my new homeland.
The speech pattern includes Exit Statement, Elevator Speech,
Positioning Statement, Networking, ATS, Key Words, Branding. I have been living
in the world of Insurance since graduating college. I am told this new world I
have entered contains Insurance but so much more and is worth exploring. It is filled with
new opportunities that I am willing to embrace. I look forward to finding new ways to use my
risk management skills, my data analytic background, my system transformation
and process improvement experience to help the inhabitants of my new land. I
look forward to meeting them. And I have
many waking hours to do so!
Comments
Post a Comment